Croydon, United Kingdom
about 2 months ago
Techniche global are working with a larger manufacturing company to appoint a Quality Engineer.
Our client is a ISO9001 accredited company with multiple global manufacturing sites. It has a varied product mix within aerospace, automotive and sports and leisure markets. This challenging role is to help set up and then make sure they have an effective a supplier management process.
Reporting to the Group Quality Manager this role requires a high degree of autonomy to improve supplier performance and hence reduce our supply chain risks.
- Liaising with suppliers on a continual basis, identifying shifts in their behaviour or practices that may affect the business;
- Monitor and analyse supplier performance, day to day operational concerns to identify and resolve supplier issues, report, and communicate these within the business;
- Plan and perform audits at supplier locations, driving all audit related corrective actions to completion;
- Identify risks relating to supplier’s performance and their quality management system, engage with suppliers to mitigate these risks and thus reduce the Company’s risk exposure
- Be the owner of any improvement activities, develop, plan, and deliver supplier improvements;
- Work across the business and help Purchasing, NPD, our raw material teams and Operations to manage the supply base;
- Improve Supplier Management process;
- Work proactively and positively with suppliers to develop their systems making sure that our suppliers are in line with the flow down requirements;
- Help and also ensure that supplier agreements are in place;
- Co-operate with the Raw Materials Development Manager to have robust supplier qualification plans;
- Determine supplier readiness, track and report monthly within the business and escalate issues where needed;
- Represent the company at meetings with suppliers in matters related to Quality and supplier risk;
- Provide a set of quality improvement skills in relation to process improvement, process monitoring, SPC, 6σ.
- Demonstrable experience and success within a supplier facing quality role, driving supplier improvement;
- Significant commercial awareness when negotiating with suppliers;
- In-depth working knowledge of quality systems, ideally in a plastics, automotive, aerospace, or other relevant industry;
- Lead auditor certificate or significant experience conducting audits;
- Ideally a knowledge of polymetric materials;
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills;
- Degree in an engineering discipline or similar.