Andover, United Kingdom
£33 - 36,000
about 1 month ago
Techniche Global are working with a long established electronics manufacturing specialists based in Andover, which provides solutions for technically challenging applications within the micro-electronics sector, including Defence, Oil & Gas, Marine Rescue, Medical Devices, Automotive etc.
We are supporting their Automotive EV team, to appoint a new Quality Engineer to support the planning, development, accreditation and maintenance of a IATF 16949, ISO 14001 and ISO 26262 Quality Management System.
- Support in identifying and delivering quality process/procedural training as part of the QMS.
- Lead product quality related activities during development, launch and into volume manufacture.
- Lead problem solving activities including mentoring, where required, Engineer staff in best practice.
- Maintain records and reports in a concise manner, update documentation.
- Organise and lead cross functional problem-solving teams through root cause identification, verification and corrective action steps including preventive and corrective actions.
- Establish inspection, sampling and testing programs for raw materials, goods in process, and finished products. Establish reaction plan activities.
- Develop methods to check quality of new products and improve quality of existing products.
- Recommend changes in materials or processes to correct detected problems.
- Participate actively in the requirement to retain ISO/TS16949/ISO14001 certification.
- Comply with 5S standards and procedures.
- Monitor and respond to customer concerns, defects or returns and use RCA and problem-solving tools to implement resolution.
- Conduct internal audits, product checks, define inspection instructions and control plans.
- Qualified to HNC level or equivalent as a minimum e.g. Mechanical, Production or Electrical engineering (Degree in an Engineering Discipline advantageous).
- Minimum of 2 years related experience within an ISO/IATF automotive manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of IATF internal audits and control plans.
- Process Audits, FMEA, SPC and QMS within an IATF/ TS16949, ISO9001 or ISO26262 environment.
- Use of process improvement techniques to include 8D, 5Y, Ishikawa.
- Able to support new product launch, specifically involving PPAP activities, gauge R&R & capability studies.
- Strong problem-solving skills using advanced statistical techniques such as Minitab preferable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.