Portsmouth, United Kingdom
£500 per day (INSIDE IR-35)
over 1 year ago
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
Rate: £500 per day (INSIDE OF IR-35). Rate to Umbrella. (PAYE Also an option)
Duration: 6 months initially (long term project extensions)
SAP Basis Contractor
The SAP Basis Contractor will report directly into the SAP Technical Lead. The purpose of the role is to:
- To bring experience to a newly formed SAP Basis Team. Helping that team to gain knowledge while still meeting the required support priorities
- Work with the Infrastructure teams to ensure a stable environment and the quick resolution of errors.
- Work closely with SAP Development colleagues to ensure a smooth transition of enhancement and fixes from Development to Production environments
- Work with in the team to provide an appropriate response level in resolving SAP production environment issues and promoting change requests;
- Work with the Project team to ensure SAP environments and landscapes meet the requirement for each delivery/Release.
- This role is pivotal within the organization. The successful candidate must be experienced and conversant with state of the art support methodologies.
Qualification and Experience:
- The role demands a SAP Basis Analyst with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to work with in a team that is accountable for:
- Pro-active collaboration and stakeholder management will be second nature and a core strength. Ability to influence internal departments in order to obtain co-operation;
- Strong SAP support skills, ideally developed through solid experience;
- Technically proficient in SAP ECC6, desired is a broad exposure to the modules being implemented (FICO, PS, PY, SC, SRM, Ariba, SuccessFactors);
- Experience of working cross-culturally and cross -functionally, and ability to adapt personal style to different environments;
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Previous experience of supporting integration between SAP Core and other interfaced applications
Major Tasks and Activities:
- The Basis team is responsible for
- Checking background processes
- Monitoring User sessions, Work processes, update records, lock entries and client copies
- Applying pack upgrades, kernel upgrades and transports in line with the upgrade policy (policy is yet to be defined)
- Stop & start activities on the ECC system
- Reviewing start up logs & traces and ECC profiles
- Maintaining & reviewing SAP OSS notes and advises SAP Basis Team Lead on applicability to the company
- Organising Database and Redo log backups
- ECC performance tuning
- Managing the SAP printing system
- Reviewing systems logs, short dumps, system traces and system logs and proposes any corrective actions required
- Carrying out installation and post-installation activities
- In Addition the SAP Basis Contractor will be required to
- Developing Patching schedules, agreeing with the Business and Project delivery teams suitable maintenance windows.
- Determining the landscape requirements for BAU Support and Project deliver and delivering these as required.
- Evaluating and then implement support tools as required.
- To help improve the breadth and depth of knowledge in the Basis Team