Reading, United Kingdom
about 2 months ago
Techniche Global have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Account Manager to join a Marketing agency based in Reading. This role is a hybrid role with flexibility to work from home.
You’ll be joining a proactive, dynamic marketing agency, working across the client services and the comms team. The candidate we’re looking for will be a self-starter, someone who is motivated to make a difference to their accounts. You will be working across several of our most prominent accounts and will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of account tasks and requirements. This role demands strong attention to detail, and organisational skills, and you must have experience balancing several projects or deliverables at any one time.
As you will be spanning two different teams, communication will be critical, as will proactively managing your workload and requirements. You will be confident in front of a range of stakeholders and have strong presentation skills. Understand from the clients’ perspective the difficulties they experience; this is an opportunity to get ‘under the skin of what they do’ and help them hit objectives or overcome challenges they face.
You will also be able to identify ways of growing the business and look for and partake in new business opportunities – with previous experience leading proposals and responses to briefs. You will have flexibility and willingness to take on additional responsibilities, where required, within this role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Building and developing business relationships with a range of client stakeholders, cementing yourself as the day-to-day contact both internally across the agency, and externally with your clients
- Managing projects from start to finish, liaising with key agency peers to bring together the right people to meet a client’s brief, mitigating challenges along the way, delivering work on time and within budget
- Projects you are managing will span our disciplines and the teams within the agency; marketing strategy, creative design, digital marketing, social and PR & Communications
- Becoming a brand guardian – knowing your clients inside out and being able to communicate this to your peers across the agency, ensuring that anyone who works on your accounts has a full understanding of what they need to do and why
- Leading client meetings and ensuring all account administration is up to date
- Raising project quotes and ensuring efficient project delivery against this (management of budget, timings etc)
- Supervising Account Executives and other junior staff as appropriate
- Liaising with external suppliers and third parties
- Understanding colleagues’ pressures and upwardly manage throughout the business
- Understanding our business from a commercial aspect and ensure your client accounts are profitable for the agency
- Leading media relations across a portfolio of clients, working with our Account Manager and Account Director to raise and maintain awareness of our client(s) offering, increasing their share of voice and driving market awareness
- Building and maintaining relationships across our target media base, positioning yourself as a truthful and authoritative source that delivers the information the journalist is looking for
- Management and ownership of media lists, ensuring these are up to date and maintained, kept clean and accessible for future requirements
- Proactive identification of comment opportunity or newsjacking opportunities, with a suggestion on how our clients should respond, submitting the content successfully to publications in a timely manner.
- Press release and outreach management, including any associated follow up
- Monitoring our media coverage and providing regular reporting
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to manage accounts and gain trust and respect of clients
- Take responsibility for delivering agreed level of activity and meeting deadlines
- Ability to delegate to Account Executives or in assigning tasks across the team
- Ability to prioritise workload and respond to client briefs on time and within budget
- Confident verbal, written and presentation skills
- Organised, with strong attention to detail
Preferred (but not essential) attributes:
- Experience / knowledge / a passion surrounding B2B technology, computer software / IT services and telecommunications marketing
- Knowledge and opinion on different marketing outputs including above and below the line activities
- A thirst for knowledge across current affairs - how events taking place across the world may impact or generate opportunity for client accounts