Plymouth , United Kingdom
8 months ago
Techniche Global are working with an engineering defence contractor to appoint a Senior BIM Author. This role will involve modelling authoring, federation and maintaining a defined and structured set of BIM objects contained within a wider BIM data set. You will contribute to the BIM modelling aspects of the project coordinating multidiscipline design models and identifying key interfaces.
Required Knowledge, Skills
- Minimum 5 Years Design & Construction Experience.
- BIM Model Authors should have extensive knowledge in the use of the key authoring platforms outlined in the EIR. This includes; Revit, Civils 3D, Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Ensuring BIM Standards are applied to the Project, and following the Delivery Team BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
- Linking BIM models from other task teams and accessing the latest models from the Common Data Environment (CDE). Supporting the Information Exchanges within the CDE solution
- Producing high quality – families, objects that are parametric based and suitable for the native authoring platforms.
- Following the workset / layering structure defined in the Project Information Standards (PIS).
- Ensuring that model ‘level of information need’ is aligned with the project responsibility matrix and is appropriate to the project stage
- The Post Holder is required to hold qualifications in a relevant discipline below, minimum HNC:
Civil Engineering, Structural engineering, Architecture or similar
- Ideally you will be SC Cleared.