Peterborough, United Kingdom
£30,000 - £40,000
14 days ago
Techniche Global are working with a manufacturing company based in Peterborough, to appoint a Senior Buyer. Reporting directly to the Head of Supply Chain, you will be responsible for procurement and procurement strategy.
You will have a strong background in manufacturing procurement, and be an expert in supplier/commodity procurement and strategy, ideally holding a CIPS qualification.
- Have experience of setting up and maintaining supplier contracts/ supply agreements
- Set up and maintain periodic supplier reviews (monthly, 1/4ly, annually) and present as required
- Manage supplier/commodity risk (supply/price)
- Be able to demonstrate achievements in cost down initiatives (including unit costs/process improvement), product quality improvements and lead-time reduction
- Have knowledge and experience of benchmarking
- Have experience in global sourcing and competitive tendering
- Have experience and knowledge of business improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Six Sigma, 5S, PokeYoke, 8D, PCDA etc.
- Experience of working in environments operating ISO9000, AS9100, ISO13485 etc.
- Proficient in MS tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint). MS Project would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems essential. Syteline/Infor experience would be advantageous
- Experience of people management would be advantageous but not essential
- Ideally from an aerospace, automotive or medical equipment background.
- Will be expected to travel as appropriate