Walsall, United Kingdom
12 months ago
Techniche Global are working closely with an Automotive Engineering organisaiton in the West Midlands to appoint a Senior Buyer.
The role will be a part of the Procurement and Supply Chain team and focussed on procuring equipment, materials and services to time, cost and quality.
In this role you will help generate significant value for the business by developing supply chains that align with the business needs, developing key supplier relationships to increase performance and by providing enabling elements that ensure on time delivery as well as reducing the total cost of bought in goods and services.
- role will involve the provision of supplier agreements that ensure Goods and/or Services for the Company at the best total acquisition cost, consistent with the specified technical, quality assurance and delivery requirements.
An understanding of supply chain risk and mitigation and experience in creating innovate contracting mechanisms that drive value and performance in a collaborative environment will be crucial.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to influence at a senior level and to assist suppliers in continuous improvement endeavours.
Timely, high quality, best value bought-out finished supplies, raw materials, and services are critical to the success of this business.
- Appropriate level of experience in procurement or acquisition of goods and services.
- Experience of leading and managing projects and people
- 3-5+ years engineering/supply chain/lean culture experience
- Membership of a relevant professional body e.g. CIPS at level 5
- Able to work with and influence key stakeholders and suppliers
- Working knowledge of strategic sourcing, contract management and supplier development
- Working knowledge of business law and relevant industry standards, able to confidently negotiate and agree terms and conditions and contractual arrangements.
- Experience of managing and developing relationships
- Ability to negotiate favourable solutions in a single source and competitive environments
- Data gathering and manipulation and analytical skills;
- Sound commercial awareness and business environment experience
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Understanding of and experience delivering leadership and management skills to maximise the success of a team
- Ensure all Contracts meet the businesses commercial, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Prepare and issue Invitations to Tender or requests for quotations.
- Negotiate Contract Terms and Conditions that motivate the required supplier performance
- Manage key suppliers, to provide dynamic supply solutions across the business.
- Lead in the transactional and administrational activities, ensuring data integrity.
- To work as a member of the Procurement and Supply Chain team in accordance with relevant corporate procedures and all regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Manage the procurement work flow as required and buy materials/services in line with customer required by dates.
- Identify and demonstrate cost and lead time improvements achieved through negotiation and supplier contracts where appropriate.
- Expedite requirements to ensure delivery to key project dates.