Plymouth, United Kingdom
£40-45 per hour LTD
8 months ago
Senior Civil Engineer
Duration: 12 months +
Rate: £40-45 per hour
Techniche are working with a leading Technology Engineering organisation who specialize in Defence sector projects.
About the Role
We're seeking an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to work on assignment in Plymouth. This is a large defence infrastructure project.
- Communication and liaison with the Design Leads, Design Houses and UAG/XUAG
- Day-to-day identification and integration of the interfaces between the 10 Dock facility system design packages
- Resolving interface issues between different systems
- Agreeing and articulating how the design packages will deliver the capability functions.
- Capture of the design concepts within an overall Facility layout by interfacing with the discipline leads and Users.
- The Senior Engineer (Integration) post operates as part of the Major Infrastructure Projects (MIP) Business Unit.
Duties & Scope:
- Co-ordinate the operational aspects of the system designs into an overall facility operational concept to demonstrate functional capability
- Co-ordinate and design spatial layout and process management aspects of facility by integration of the system designs into an overall facility layout
- Develop and maintain a suitable interface register to assist in coordinating operational and spatial aspects and demonstrate control of the issues
- Liaise with the UAG/XUAG and Design Lead/DH Leads to ensure operational aspects of the system and facility designs is understood and accepted
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock’s Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline eg. Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Submarine maintenance production engineering experience in a Dockyard environment; (Preferable)
- Knowledge of process optimisation and human interface management; (Essential)
- Experience of developing Concept of Operations (CONOPs) / procedure management information; (Essential)
- Be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle;
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop an integrated design;
- Have a sound understanding of construction design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements;
- Have a sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience;
- Have a sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures;
- Have a working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications including BIM
- Have experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities or other similar specialist applications