Maldon, United Kingdom
£40,000 - £70,000 (OTE with uplifts, site multipliers, bonus etc)
almost 2 years ago
Techniche Global are working with a Global Industrial Automation & Process Control Systems specialist. We are supporting them in appointing a Senior Control Systems Engineer for a mixture of project design, system engineering & site support work.
This role will be based from their Essex office, and will involve travel across the UK, overseas and Offshore.
The role will be to support ongoing projects; from design, specification and engineering/configuration. Through to testing, installation and commissioning.
This role is focused on providing support and services to end users and clients, as well as internal support to Projects and Engineering departments. Based predominantly within the Oil & Gas domain, but may also include marine, petrochemical, gas & other related heavy industries (chemicals etc).
The package will consist of:
- Base Salary
- Uplifts for offshore, onshore activities
- Time off in lieu
- Call-out allowance
For the position it will be essential for the successful candidate to achieve Offshore Survival Certification and complete an Offshore Medical (all training provided by the client).
- Attend customer’s sites as directed to service, upgrade, and commission PLC SCADA DCS equipment and systems, as well as providing emergency response support, ensuring continued serviceability and uptime Control Systems.
- To provide specialist system support for a range of equipment including both legacy and current PLC SCADA & DCS products including:
- Provide follow up support services in the resolution of outstanding actions and issues, progressing resolutions to closeout.
- To provide engineering input into new/existing projects using application and/or site knowledge to help progress project deliveries.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate with external parties’ project or support deliverables, including management of own and others time.
- Degree, HND, HNC (or equivalent qualification and experience)
- Knowledge of PLC, SCADA or DCS systems
- Experience of control system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through to installation, commissioning and subsequent client support.
- Software design and support experience of PLC/HMI or DCS based control systems. Any of the following would be considered:
- Schneider /
- GE Fanuc
- Knowledge of communications protocols (Modbus, Profibus, Hart etc)
- Hardware design and support experience relating to control system equipment PC’s, PLC’s (panels, control desks and control rooms) and integration of other manufacturers equipment.
- Understanding of Control and Instrumentation installation specifications