Aberdeen, United Kingdom
£45,000 - £85,000 (OTE with uplifts, overtime, bonus)
9 days ago
Senior Control Systems Engineer
Package/Salary: £45,000 - £85,000 (OTE with uplifts, overtime, bonus)
Permanent Company Benefits: Private Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance, Bonus.
Techniche are supporting a Global Industrial Automation & Process Control organisation with appointing a Senior Controls Engineer for a position based in Aberdeen.
The role will be to support ongoing projects; from design, specification, and engineering/configuration. Through to testing, installation, and commissioning.
This role will involve Offshore & Onshore site content. As well as being office based.
Salary. The package/OTE will consist of:
- Base Salary (£40-60k)
- Bonus (10% pa)
- Uplifts for offshore, onshore activities (contributing to OTE up to £85k)
- Time off in lieu (contributing to OTE up to £85k)
- Call-out allowance (contributing to OTE up to £85k)
For the position it will be essential for the successful candidate to achieve Offshore Survival Certification and complete an Offshore Medical (all training provided by the company).
- Preparation of requirement, functional, design, test and other specifications, plans, drawings and PLC, SCADA, DCS or Safety System software.
- Provide verbal and written reports to communicate project status as required and contribute to project review meetings.
- Attend on-shore and offshore sites both in UK and abroad as necessary including, rota-based visits, attending site at short notice.
- Provide technical telephone assistance to customers when necessary, including, on a rota-basis, with the carrying of a mobile phone covering out of hours support.
- Client liaison and interface management. Development and maintenance of customer relationship.
- Team player with the ability to integrate with other team project members.
Knowledge of either PLC, SCADA, HMI, DCS systems or safety system applications
Experience of safety and control system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through to installation and subsequent client support.
Software design and support experience of PLC/HMI or DCS based control systems including any of the following:
- Siemens, GE, Rockwell, Mitsubishi, Omron PLC’s
- Honeywell, Yokogawa, Schneider, Invensys, ABB, Hima-Sella DCS or Safety Systems
Experience in Process Control from any industry such as: Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Fine Chemical, Onshore, Offshore industries.
Knowledge of communications protocols including Modbus, OPC, DH+, Ethernet/IP, Profibus, Controlnet.
Hardware design and support experience relating to control system equipment PC’s, PLC’s, panels, control desks and control rooms, also integration of 3rd party equipment.
Understanding of Control and Instrumentation.
Understanding of Functional Safety Management requirements to IEC 61508 & IEC61511.
A Degree/HND/HNC or similar qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
Computer literate, with experience of PC-based word-processing, spreadsheet and database programs and operating systems (Windows 10, 7, 2000, XP, 20XX Server, SQL)