Aberdeen, United Kingdom
£45,000 - £75,000 (OTE with uplifts, overtime, bonus)
about 1 year ago
Techniche are supporting a Global Industrial Automation & Process Control organisation with appointing a Controls Engineer for a position based in Aberdeen.
The role will be to support ongoing projects; from design, specification and engineering/configuration. Through to testing, installation and commissioning.
This role will involve Offshore & Onshore site content. As well as being office based.
The package will consist of:
- Base Salary
- Uplifts for offshore, onshore activities
- Time off in lieu
- Call-out allowence
For the position it will be essential for the successful candidate to achieve Offshore Survival Certification and complete an Offshore Medical (all training provided by the client).
- Preparation of requirement, functional, design, test and other specifications, plans, drawings and software in accordance with Company procedures.
- Provide verbal and written reports to communicate project status as required and contribute to project review meetings.
- Attend on-shore and offshore sites both in UK and abroad as necessary including, rota-based visits, attending site at short notice
- Provide technical telephone assistance to customers when necessary, including, on a rota-basis, with the carrying of a mobile phone covering out of hours support.
- Client liaison and interface management. Development and maintenance of customer relationship.
- Team player with the ability to integrate with other team project members.
- Knowledge of control and safety system applications, support and integration for the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or pharmaceutical industries with on-shore and off-shore site experience.
- Experience of safety and control system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through to installation and subsequent client support.
- Software design and support experience of PLC/HMI or DCS based control systems including Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk HMI, PLC5, CLX, SLC500GE, Trusted/Plantguard TMR, AADvance, Regent. Application experience of third party systems integration. Knowledge of some or all the following PLC and SCADA products would be desirable: RX7i/RX3i, GE 90/30, GE 90/70, Cimplicity, Wonderware, InTouch, Panorama.
- Knowledge of communications protocols including Modbus, OPC, DH+, Ethernet/IP, Profibus, Controlnet.
- Hardware design and support experience relating to control system equipment PC’s, PLC’s, panels, control desks and control rooms, also integration of 3rd party equipment.
- Understanding of Control and Instrumentation.
- Understanding of Functional Safety Management requirements to IEC 61508 & IEC61511.
- A Degree/HND/HNC or similar qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Computer literate, with experience of PC-based word-processing, spreadsheet and database programs and operating systems (Windows 10, 7, 2000, XP, 20XX Server, SQL)