Southampton, United Kingdom
£35,000 - £40,000
12 months ago
Senior Design & Development Engineer
Techniche are working closely with a global manufacturing company on the outskirts of Southampton. The organisation design, prototype, test and mass manufacture a range of medical equipment.
Within the organisation there I a dedicated Engineering & R&D division that consists of product designers, electronics engineer, production engineers and various other skills to drive innovation for the organisation.
They are looking to appoint an experienced Design & Development engineer to join this team and participate in product revamps & new design concepts.
- Participate in the identification and development of new products and the modification of existing products, from concept through to production.
- Identify new materials and the improvement of processes to enhance design, quality, reliability and/or product efficiency.
- Awareness and application of compliance with regulatory requirements within the design of medical devices.
- Use of departmental tools, such as 3D solid modelling, DFMEA’s, DFM’s, risk analysis, reviews, and project documentation controls.
- Preparation and issue of specifications for parts, materials and assemblies.
- Planning of detail activities and tracking of status.
- Contribute to the design & industrial design process with aesthetic and electro-mechanical design input, package studies, technical evaluations and visualisation.
- Any other Engineering/R&D activities as required.
- Experience of product design/development.
- Recognised engineering qualification, such as a Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Conversant with 3D solid modelling.
- Good knowledge of plastic moulding processes, especially injection moulding.
- Excellent IT skills, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and a high level of numeracy, attention to detail & good written and verbal communication skills.