£40.00 - £50.00 Per Hour
over 1 year ago
Long term contract assigment on Nuclear Engineering projects.
Locaiton: Westlakes, Cumbria
Duraiton: 6-12 months
Rate: £40-50 per hour
Exisiting Security Clearence is NOT required for this assingment. It will be processed once a contract is agreed at SC level.
To provide or deliver engineering conceptual and detailed design, drawings, calculations, and technical solutions in the delivery of customer funded tasks and projects. Work will be directed and supervised by the Technical Lead and/or Functional Lead for the relevant task or project. May act as a Technical Lead or Functional Lead themselves (dependent on task/project complexity) and hence may supervise Engineers and Designers.
• Production of CE&I drawings.
• Proficient in AutoCAD required.
• Proficient in Amtech and Dialux.
• Proficient with electrical symbols and drawing standards, Single Line Diagrams, Block Cable Diagrams, Cable Schedules, Cable Routing Diagrams, Control Circuit Schematic Diagrams, Panel General Assemblies, Termination diagrams, Instrument Loop/hook-up diagrams as a minimum.
• Ensure that procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
• Consider, act upon and record health, safety and environmental issues at all stages of the design process (bid and contract) in accordance with relevant procedures and policies.
• Engage with engineering related suppliers and use product data to determine appropriate materials and parts are selected in the design.
• Produce and check calculations, drawings, design base documentation and technical reports and supervising trainee staff in production of same.
• Supervise designers in the production of drawings.
• Supervise engineers/technical specialists within the same discipline.
• Specify technical detail of designs and where necessary detailed drawings to support project delivery.
• Carry out design risk assessments.
• Review the effect of implementing design changes.
• Assess impact of concessions and technical queries on the design.
• Present designs for reviews, HAZOPs and other meetings.
• Ensure that adequate Reviews, Checks & Approvals are undertaken on all their deliverables and for those under their direct control and supervision.
• Maintain effective communications with all other disciplines and functional groups (e.g. Mechanical, Process, Hazard Management etc.) associated with the task or project, and when required, with the customer and their staff.
• Work within the task man-hour budget or advise the Technical Lead or Functional Lead why this cannot be achieved.
• Report on a periodic basis specified by the Project Manager the estimate to complete of their assigned task.
• Ensuring that design consultants and sub-contractors deploy suitably qualified and experienced personnel.
• Feedback lessons learnt for use on other projects.
• Raise quality plans for single discipline work packages.
• Supporting estimates for bids.
• Maintain the engineering configuration, ensuring that the overall design intent and integrity is maintained throughout design development and subsequent changes.
Role Qualifications & Requirements:
• Engineering degree qualified preferred. HND/HNC as a minimum.
• Member of one or more relevant professional institutions preferred.
• Demonstrable experience post degree qualification, covering a range of engineering/technical topics.
• Nuclear industry or other safety or regulated industry experience preferred.
• Many years demonstrable experience post degree qualification covering a range of engineering and/or technical topics including design, specification, safety case support, installation, commissioning, and supervision of staff/contractors. This would ideally be covering a variety of tasks or projects across a range of complexities.