Plymouth, United Kingdom
£35 - 45/hour
9 months ago
To be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard, a Senior EC& Design Engineer is required to support ongoing and long term marine defence projects.
You will be tasked with delivering the EC&I design scope for the MoD's submarine and warship programmes.
- To assist and support the existing Senior EC&I Design Engineer and the Design Manager in the delivery of project scope. This will include the likes of the following;
• Power and communications cabling installation.
• Lighting design and installation.
• Earthing and lightning protection integration.
• Complete work packages including the update of documentations and drawings incorporating changes and checking the outputs are aligned and consistent with the design intent. This includes existing interfaces to power, communications and services.
• Process and issue documentation and drawings as coherent packages.
• Maintaining the project registers and checking that the correct versions are available
• Prepare work packages for design review and handover
• Experience working with existing electrical installations and other disciplines
• A working knowledge of BS7671 wiring regulations
• Have effective writing and presentation skills
• A proven track record in completing work packages in a highly regulated environment.
The candidate will need to have or be able to hold SC level security clearance.