Bristol, United Kingdom
Up to £35 p/hr Ltd
6 months ago
Rate: Up to £35 p/hr Ltd
Duration: 6 months initially
Techniche are working with a UK Defence Contractor to appoint a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to manage, organise and ensure efficient execution of design and support projects for surface ship, submarine, commercial and equipment projects.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
- Integration of Electrical/Electronics systems into various marine vessels including submarines, ships and commercial boats, including yachts.
- Managing design work in appropriate engineering disciplines.
- Acting as Design Authority for engineering aspects of products.
- Authorising design documentation as required.
- Performance and management of system requirements, concept design and modelling.
- Ability to manage a team to interpret a design requirement and create a design solution.
- Preparation of Project and Department Plans and Tracking and Forecasting, Assistance in Preparation of Bids in related subjects,
- Recruitment and Management of staff at all appropriate levels.
- Managing design teams involved in the preparation of technical aspects commercial tenders.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Ideally a second class honours degree or comparable academic standard, with Chartered Engineer status, however personnel with extensive and relevant experience may be considered suitable.
- Relevant industry experience