Plymouth, United Kingdom
£40-45 per hour LTD
6 months ago
Senior Electrical Project Engineer
Location: Remote / Home Based with occasional visits to Plymouth office site.
Rate: £40-45 per hour LTD
Duration: Anticipated 6+ months initially
Techniche are working with a large Engineering Contractor who are seeking an experienced Project Engineer. This is a long term infrastructure project in Plymouth. The infrastructure programme is currently finalising the concept design and seeking to mobilise further resources to support the scheme and detailed design phase as well as commencing onsite physical enabling works to support the longer term construction contract.
The purpose of the Senior Engineer – Electrical post is:
To assist the Discipline Lead in delivery of the electrical engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
Responsible for managing the technical deliverables of the electrical engineering packages in line with the planned deliverables agreed by the Discipline Lead.
ESSENTIAL Experience Required:
- Chartered Engineer or working towards, registered with Engineering Council.
- Extensive Nuclear Project Experience
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities
- Experience of substantiation of SIL and high integrity systems for justification of Nuclear Safety functions.
ADDITIONAL Experience Required:
- Design of high and low voltage electrical distribution systems;
- Design of control & instrumentation systems;
- Design of Communications and data systems;
- Design of electrical building services;
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
- Experience of working in BIM environments
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health, Safety & Environment (including Principal Designer responsibilities under CDM) and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical management responses
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project’s technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.