Romsey, United Kingdom
£40,000 - £50,000 (+ 30 days holiday, flexi working & half day Friday)
11 days ago
Senior Electronics Engineer
Romsey, Southampton, Hampshire
£40,000 - £50,000
Flexible working (core hours 10-3) & half day Friday.
30 days holiday with additional allowance over years of service.
Techniche are working with an advanced Battery R&D & manufacturing organsiaiton on the outskirts of Southampton. We are supporting them with appointing a Senior Electronics Engineer to work on the design of advanced battery management systems.
The company is a specialist niche lithium-ion battery development, integration and manufacturing company that produces battery systems for exciting applications such as motorsport, subsea, automotive and industrial.
They are one of very few companies in Europe that design and manufacture high voltage batteries making demand for our services very high. We offer a complete battery solution including battery enclosure design, electronics development, embedded software development, manufacturing and testing and all to our coveted ISO9001:2015 certified integrated management system.
Battery experience is not required or essential. A strong Electronics Engineer who has an interest in learning about Battery Technology will be ideal.
- A higher-education qualification in electronics engineering (or a similar relevant engineering discipline).
- Confidence in owning a design from concept through to production hand-over.
- Proven record of mixed-signal circuit design.
- Sound knowledge of analogue signal processing / filtering implementations.
- Experience of wired communications systems such as CAN bus and RS-485.
- Experience of low-power electronic system design.
- Proven ability of designing for manufacture and designing to a cost.
- Hands-on prototype manufacture, re-work and test experience.
- Ability to debug hardware issues to component level and take full responsibility in fixing hardware problems.
- Expertise in hardware-software integration.
- Excellent schematic capture and PCB layout skills.
- Highly capable in creating design verification plans and running verification testing.
- Respect for design specifications and a willingness to create, follow and maintain them.
- EMC design know-how and the ability to solve real-world EMC problems.
- Confidence to work through problems with customers and suppliers, both in-person and remotely.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in an ISO9001 environment.
The role will involve the design and development of battery management systems; electronic sub systems for use in the monitoring and control of advanced lithium-ion battery systems and supporting hardware.
The successful candidate will work with highly skilled, likeminded people who are proactive and passionate about what they do in a company that is guided by core values, including: environmental, social, ethical and moral responsibility and integrity. As a result, we do not engage with products that cause deliberate harm to people or the environment.
As part of this company, the candidate will not simply be a number, you will be involved in decision making, customer interactions and helping to create exciting products in one of the world’s fastest growing industries. It is the perfect role for a creative, energetic, self-motivated engineer who is comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a small but strong and growing team.