Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
£45,000 - £50,000
almost 2 years ago
Senior Controls Engineer
£50k base, 10% Bonus, Company Car/Cash Allowance, Private Healthcare, Corporate Pension Plan, additional company benefits.
Milton Keynes Based, occasional work from home, 30% travel to UK & European Sites.
Techniche Automation are supporting a Global Automation Vendor with appointing an experience Control Systems Engineer.
The position will be developing, designing and implementing technical automation & control solutions for customer requirements using in-house & 3rd party hardware/software products.
Within the existing design group/team, this position will have a specific focus on Drives & Motion Control technical solutions, primarily used in the Consumer Goods, FMCG or Manufacturing sector.
- Experience with Rockwell Software - RS Logix / Studio 5000, FT View SE/ME, FT Historian, FT VantagePoint, FT AssetCentre, RS Networks
- Typically five or more years of experience in control engineering, process automation or application engineering capacity including successful field start-up experience
- Experience in drives and motion control
- Experience in working with remote teams - leading capabilities
- Experience in project execution in an international matrix organization
- Capable of understanding electrical design/wiring diagrams
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Conversant with MS Office software products Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS SQL Server
- Willingness to travel (up to 30% of work time)
Responsibilities / Brief Description:
- Responsible for the automation design, engineering and startup of developed solutions with focus on drives & motion applications
- Cooperating and supervising remote development team.
- Develops technical solutions by means of implementing systems or enterprise wide solutions, using the company’s or a third-party’s hardware/software products. Develops and recommends solutions and strategies, based on the analysis of customer business goals, objectives, needs, and existing systems infrastructure
- Manage relationship with customers to maintain customer loyalty and actively seek for areas of technical improvements to drive customer production optimizations
- Participates in pre-sales and proposal activities such as solution determination, estimation, conceptual design and customer presentation.
- Provides the tracking and reporting to the management as required
- Maintain a safe, healthy, ethically and environmentally responsible workplace and business