Plymouth, United Kingdom
£37.80 - £43.50
about 2 months ago
Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth
£37.80 - £43.50 p/hr
12 month contract
Techniche Global are working with an engineering defence contractor to appoint a Senior Estimator. You will develop and agree scope/budgets for projects and/or programmes and control forecast and actual costs against them. You will be responsible for applying requirements management, budgeting & cost control, financial management and change management.
Principal tasks and responsibilities to include:
· Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets incl Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW)
· Implementation of change management process on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements
· Provision of weekly and monthly performance & cost reports and associated analysis/narrative
· Lead on provision of estimates, resource and financial forecast data from the project into the business
· Cost estimate alignment between Primavera and IFS
· Ensure a full and detailed understanding and interpretation of the Customer requirements incl. Project gate and phase reviews iaw the Project Life cycle
· Lead on the continuity between estimating and project delivery
· Development and maintenance of Project Assumptions/Exclusions and Dependencies logs
· Ensuring that the schedule is cost loaded in line with the Baseline budgets
· Maintain project EAC’s and ensure regular reviews are undertaken with each discipline
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences:
· Mid level experience applying estimating, budgeting & cost control in a complex environment.
· Previous supervisory/managerial experience in an estimating environment.
· HNC level qualification in engineering / project / construction management or a related field.