Nottingham, United Kingdom
£350 - 425/day
almost 2 years ago
The Senior Estimator will work closely with the Bid Manager to ensure all tenders are properly evaluated resourced, co-ordinated, prepared and submitted to time and quality.
Working within the Network Engineering divisional of a recognised engineering company, the role will be based in Nottingham with local site travel expected.
- Review, distil and clearly articulate the proposal scope, contractual and technical requirements. Communicate these clearly across the relevant stakeholders within the division.
- Manage the production of subcontractor / supplier tender specific RFQ documentation, allowing effective transition of risk through the supply chain.
- Create the tender estimate, ensuring key stakeholders are challenged and that the tender price/rates is/are benchmarked and productivity rates are tested.
- Manage the tender risk register, including taking an active part in the understanding and management of risk throughout the opportunity lifecycle.
- Setup and manage a Green Review on each bid, inviting various stakeholders to challenge the tender commercials.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Confident in written, verbal and face to face communications both internally and externally
- Basic Engineering/Building technology and terminology
- Able to read and understand engineering specifications and/or drawings
- An understanding of contractual terms and risk, and standard mitigations.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience in an estimating role or similar commercial based activity