Plymouth, United Kingdom
£35-40 per hour LTD. £29 per hour PAYE (£56kpa equivalent)
11 months ago
Senior Health Physicist (Environment)
Duration: 6 months (potential Temp to Perm)
Rate: £35-40 per hour LTD. £29 per hour PAYE (£56kpa equivalent)
Techniche are working with a leading Technology Engineering organisaiton who specialize in Defence sector projects.
About the Role
We're seeking an experienced Senior Health Physicist (Environment) (Radiation Protection Technical Authority) to work on assignment in Plymouth.
- Providing business operations with specialist knowledge and support relating to nuclear and radiological safety.
- Expected to become the lead on a number of environmental radiation protection projects.
- Ensure compliance with statutory legislation, including the Environmental Permitting Regulations, and the terms of the site licence; deliver nuclear safety cases and Best Available Technique assessments; develop and implement nuclear safety processes and standards and provide technical advice on nuclear safety assessment processes and policy.
- Support both new-build infrastructure, as well as projects relating to the development of existing dockyard and naval base assets, thus helping us to create the naval base and dockyard of the future, supporting the Royal Navy’s current submarine fleets and ready to receive the next generation of naval platforms.
- You’ll hold a Science Degree in Radiation Protection, or a Science, Engineering or Mathematics Degree
- Relevant Radiation Protection experience.
- Environmental Permitting and Radioactive Waste Management on Nuclear Licenced Sites
- Nuclear facility licensing and authorisation
- Provision of Radiation Protection advice within an operational environment
- Preparation of Radiation Protection documentation in the support of safety case submissions
- Generation and maintenance of radioactive waste assessments including the application of BAT