Hailsham, United Kingdom
£50,000 - £60,000 (+ Bonus, Healthcare, Pension etc)
3 months ago
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Hailsham, Sussex
Salary: £50-60k (+ Annual Bonus Scheme)
Benefits: Private Health Care, Company Pension Scheme
Techniche are working with a Special Purpose Engineering organisation in Sussex. This organisation specialise in the design, engineering and manufacture of large special purpose machinery for customers globally.
The technologies used are at the extremes of many disciplines including Mechanical, Electrical, Thermal, Pressure, Vacuum and Hydraulics/Pneumatics.
With substantial Research & Development activities the organisation is constantly growing and advancing their designs and machinery capabilities. The scope of which is extremely impressive and complex.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join the company and lead the conversion of specifications into engineering design solutions. Interpreting these technical specifications into general engineering designs and detailed CAD designs.
- Extensive Mechanical Design Engineering experience (10-15 years)
- able to demonstrate a combination of technical experience, people and business skills with meticulous attention to detail and will likely to be qualified to a degree or HND in mechanical or electromechanical engineering
- Working knowledge and proficiency of Autodesk Inventor 3D or Solid Works is a requirement
- Ability to calculate and assess engineering problems, using both hand calculations and software analysis (CFD & FEA)
- Ability to design for some of the following areas: Vacuum, Pressure, Water, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, High pressure Gas and thermal technologies.
- Applying a minimum of fifteen years engineering knowledge and experience to enable the competent and effective design of customer specified systems / equipment.
- Application of professional design skills, using Autodesk Inventor and Vault 3D modelling software while ensuring safe orderly storage of requisite drawing files.
- Designing all types of equipment and systems for Vacuum, Thermal, Pressure, Water, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, High pressure Gas and Induction heating.
- Awareness of European pressure standards and directives and critical pressure safety systems.
- In conjunction with Project Engineering working to agreed deadlines with a focused approach to given tasks.
- Active team member will contribute to project development with diligent positive approach to challenging situations.
- Production of Bills of Materials – containing sub-assemblies, components and purchased items.
- Actively participate in problem solving tasks with the Design Office Team.
- The ability to actively engage in technical knowledge building tasks and participate in any training requirements that the company deems to be necessary.