Plymouth, United Kingdom
£35.00 - £39.00 per hour (Outside of IR35)
about 1 year ago
Senior Naval Architect
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Hours: 36 per week
Duration: 12 Months initially
Rate: £35-39 per hour
EXISITING SC SEUCIRTY CLEARANCE IS PERFERRED FOR THIS ROLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL (Valid & used within the last 12 months). Otherwise applicants must be eligible to achieve SC Clearance.
Techniche are working with a large Engineering Technology contractor who are seeking a Senior Naval Architect for work on Defence Marine projects to be based on site at the Davenport Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon.
This will initially be for a period of 12 months.
This role will be responsible for substantiating designs through calculations, producing technical
reports and providing technical support.
You will be required to contribute and lead product development through the design lifecycle and provide technical support.
- Either extensive practical experience of working within a structural engineering/naval architecture role. Or a degree in either Structural Engineer or Naval Architecture
- Able to utilise ship stability, FEA and CAD packages.
- Able to demonstrate experience in the naval/marine industry.
- Demonstrable experience in structural engineering on vessels/marine platforms,
- Demonstrable experience of using Finite Element (FEA) Analysis, ship stability packages,
- Demonstrable experience of using 2D & 3D CAD packages,
- Experience with working with production teams as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Primary deliverables are substantiation reports for installation solutions, foundations/seatings, repairs/conversions to vessels and in support of concept designs.
- Preparation and production of substantiation reports for solutions during the entire design lifecycle phases (Concept, Basic, Functional, Detail, Manufacturing, Installation and
Decommissioning), in line with recognised standards and to the required; time, cost and
- Liaise with design team and other stakeholders throughout the design lifecycle to ensure
coordination and functionality of design, including supporting design reviews.
- Develop innovative design solutions.
- Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of
technical and production queries.
- Produce technical reports and other documentation.
- Be aware of and ensure that, health, safety and environmental requirements are
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quantity standards of outputs.