Plymouth, United Kingdom
£40-45 per hour LTD
4 months ago
Senior Project Engineer - Buildings
Location: Remote / Home Based with occasional visits to Plymouth office site.
Rate: £40-45 per hour LTD
Duration: Anticipated 6+ months initially
Techniche are working with a large Engineering Contractor who are seeking an experienced Project Engineer. This is a long term infrastructure project in Plymouth. The infrastructure programme is currently finalising the concept design and seeking to mobilise further resources to support the scheme and detailed design phase as well as commencing onsite physical enabling works to support the longer term construction contract.
The primary purpose of the Senior Project Engineer (Buildings) is to assist the Package Manager and Berthing Services in the delivery of project scope.
- Experience Demonstrable experience working in a Project.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge structures or services.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- To be able to demonstrate Project Engineering in a Nuclear related field.
- Effective writing and presentation skills.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensuring the requirements of conventional Health & Safety Legislation are met by compliance with Project procedures.
- To ensure a plan of key activities and milestones is in place, which consistently represents the programme to be achieved for the package.
- Support the Project Manager / Package Manager in development, monitoring of progress.
- To ensure that effective cost control and monitoring is planned and implemented.
- To provide regular reports on progress, for inclusion in the project monthly report.
- To ensure that the work package construction proceeds in accordance with the Project programme whilst meeting the requirements of the Project quality goals and safety case requirements
- To ensure that the design and associated safety cases meet the work package programme and is correctly interpreted with the minimum of change, whilst remaining fit for purpose.
- To identify and manage specifically those areas that represent significant risk to the work package through proactive planning, i.e. interface management.
- To closely liaise with the required stakeholders to ensure all set to work, commissioning and operational requirements are identified without prejudicing the programme.
- Receive and distribute documents i.a.w. Company & project procedures.
- To liaising with sub-contractor and Document Control sections regarding the issue and receipt of drawings and documents.
- Establish and maintain a tracking register of all documents and drawings and revisions on CDMS.
- To receive and issue preliminary drawings, documents and schedules to ensure that the sub-contractor/partners have up to date information for planning and construction purposes.
- To act as the project archivist by liaison with the Document Control section in the maintenance of listings of appropriate project documents.