Home Based & Plymouth Site, United Kingdom
£49.00 - £59.00 Per Hour
4 months ago
Senior Project Engineer
Location: Mix of Home/Remote based & office based at Plymouth, Devon.
Locality: Will be required at site for extended periods. So this will require a contractor to stay away from home in temporary accommodation or live locally to Plymouth.
Rate: £49.00 - £59.00 per hour
Duration: 6 months initially
Techniche are supporting a large Engineering Technology organisation with appointing a Senior Project Engineer for Defence projects.
This role will be working on Nuclear & Marine defence projects.
- Recent experience in a Project Engineering role.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge structures or services.
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge of Nuclear related projects (any disciplines).
- Effective writing and presentation skills.
- Ensuring the requirements of conventional Health & Safety Legislation are met by compliance with Project procedures.
- To ensure a plan of key activities and milestones is in place, which consistently represents the programme to be achieved for the package.
- Support the Project Manager / Package Manager in development, monitoring of progress
- To ensure that effective cost control and monitoring is planned and implemented.
- To provide regular reports on progress, for inclusion in the project monthly report.
- To ensure that the work package construction proceeds in accordance with the Project programme whilst meeting the requirements of the Project quality goals and safety case requirements
- To ensure that the design and associated safety cases meet the work package programme and is correctly interpreted with the minimum of change, whilst remaining fit for purpose.
- To identify and manage specifically those areas that represent significant risk to the work package through proactive planning, i.e. interface management.
- To closely liaise with the required stakeholders to ensure all set to work, commissioning and operational requirements are identified without prejudicing the programme.
- Receive and distribute documents i.a.w. Company & project procedures.
- To liaising with sub-contractor and Document Control sections regarding the issue and receipt of drawings and documents.
- Establish and maintain a tracking register of all documents and drawings and revisions on CDMS.
- To receive and issue preliminary drawings, documents and schedules to ensure that the sub-contractor/partners have up to date information for planning and construction purposes.
- To act as the project archivist by liaison with the Document Control section in the maintenance of listings of appropriate project documents.