Hampshire, United Kingdom
£42,000 - £52,000 per annum
5 months ago
Senior Quality Engineer
Office Based – Full Time
Techniche Global are supporting an Advanced Electronics Technology organisation with appointing a new Senior Quality Engineer.
This role will be part of a groundbreaking Electric Vehicle Battery project. Helping contribute towards zero emission mobility.
Working within a dedicated new project team the role of Senior Quality Engineer will be driving the continued development of world-class QMS and EHS systems. Meeting ISO / IATF industry standards.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience within an ISO or IATF automotive manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in the development of IATF internal audit and control plans.
- Process Audits, FMEA, SPC and QMS within an IATF/ TS16949 or ISO9001 environment.
- Sound knowledge in process improvement techniques to include 8D, 5Y, Ishikawa.
- Able to support new product launch, specifically involving PPAP activities, gauge R&R & capability studies.
- Strong problem-solving skills using advanced statistical techniques such as Minitab.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- HND level or equivalent as a minimum e.g. Mechanical, Production or Electrical engineering.
- Degree in an Engineering Discipline preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be the focal point of contact for all customer enquiries.
- Champion for quality related issues via the 8D process with their assigned scope of responsibility.
- Creating and maintaining high levels of internal and external relations.
- Preparation and submission of PPAP to Customers.
- Drive forward customer complaints through effective action plans using 8D problem solving and RCA.
- Review manufacturing data to identify waste drivers and improve overall quality targets.
- Maintain records and reports in a concise manner, update documentation.
- Organize and lead cross functional problem-solving teams through root cause identification, verification and corrective action steps including preventive and corrective actions.
- Establish inspection, sampling and testing programs for raw materials, goods in process, and finished products. Establish reaction plan activities.
- Develop methods to check quality of new products and improve quality of existing products.
- Recommend changes in materials or processes to correct detected problems.
- Participate actively in the requirement to retain ISO/TS16949/ISO14001 certification.
- Comply with 5S standards and procedures.
- Monitor and respond to customer concerns, defects or returns and use RCA and problem-solving tools to implement resolution.
- Conduct internal audits, product checks, define inspection instructions and control plans.