Fareham, United Kingdom
£40,000 - £42,000
about 2 months ago
Senior Quality Engineer
Techniche Global are working with an advanced manufacturing organisation based in Fareham who are seeking to appoint a new Senior Quality Engineer.
The company specialize in Electronic Manufacturing across a wife range of industry sectors.
This role will offer excellent career progression opportunities with a the future potential of achieving a Quality Management role within 3-5 years.
Company benefits include 4.5 day working week, mid-day finish. The company also counts the half day Friday as a half day when booking holiday, meaning the holiday allowance stretches much further over the year. The company regularly offers staff incentives and provides in house catering for staff once a month.
- A relevant Engineering Qualification (E.g. HND, HNC or higher in electrical, electronic, or mechanical engineering).
- Awareness & understanding of QMS Disciplines (For example: IAW ISO 9001/ AS9100, or similar)
- Auditing skills (For example: IAW AS9100/ISO9001 or similar)
- Reading & understanding complex engineering drawings & instructions.
This role is responsible for assisting the Quality Manager in the development, maintenance, and improvement of the company Quality Management System (QMS).
To plan and implement internal and external audits, develop, and maintain quality documents, plans, procedures, and process flows. Generate First Article Inspection reports, perform GI, Stage & Final Inspections. Maintain calibration Systems. Identify quality problems and where appropriate provide corrective and preventive actions. Assist in the facilitation of customer and Certification Body audits as required
- The control and resolution of customer Quality issues including returned product within agreed target dates.
- Use established quality tools such as 8D reports, 5Y’s Ishikawa diagrams, to establish the root cause of non-conformities and identify and implement effective containment, corrective, preventive and follow up actions, which meet or exceed the expectations of all interested parties
- Conduct effective internal and external Audits in accordance with the Audit Plan
- Assist in control of the IQMS ensuring documentation is accurately maintained and updated as required.
- Write First Article Inspection reports IAW with all relevant standards and Customer specifications
- Assist in the PFMEA/Control Planning/Process Flow activity
- Calibrated Tool control issuing & approval.
- Proactively advise management of any issues that may affect delivery and or quality.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety, housekeeping, quality and environmental policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Assist in the development of the Company QMS and the development of a lean framework
- To identify improvement opportunities which reduce non-value activity, improve efficiency and profitability
- Act as a deputy for the Quality Manager during their absence
- To perform any other reasonable task when requested by the QA manager or other senior managers.