Plymouth , United Kingdom
Up to £31p/hr PAYE / Up to £40p/hr Ltd
15 days ago
Rate: Up to £31p/hr PAYE / Up to £40p/hr Ltd
Duration: initial 6 month contract
Techniche are working with an engineering defence contractor to appoint a Risk Senior Officer to support within the Warships Business Unit – which is part of the Marine & Technology Division that provides through-life support for the Royal Navy covering all Surface Combatants (Type 23 Frigates), the Amphibious Class vessels and Sandown Class MCMVs.
You will provide appropriate Risk information enabling informed decision making by the programme and business leads.
- Programme Management Office / P3O
- Project, Change, Finance and Risk Management
- Naval support: an understanding of Upkeep and Fleet Time Support Period planning and delivery processes
- Working in partnering and collaborative working environments with customers and other companies
- Controlling classified and sensitive information
- Performance Management
- Change Management
- Act as the primary contact and owner for risk management data and analytics for the warships PMO team
- Coordinate a plan that provides a clear risk management approach within Warships to enable project, programme, portfolio and business risk to be understood and used for decision support. To include all templates
- Develop and propose changes to the plan resulting from changes in Marine Policy, consultation on Best Practise and internal feedback and Learning from Experience obtained through the engagement and reviews.
- Implement the management plan across Warships and approved changes as agreed.
- Advise stakeholders (especially risk register maintainers) on the Warships plan and approach.
- Promote balanced view of Threats and Opportunities.
- Compile and present Programme and Business Risks regularly to Programme and Business Management. escalation and feedback
- Assure compliance
- Working collaboratively within the Business Insight function and the PMO team and with the Warships team, participate in the development of improved management information enabling better informed decision making by the programme and business leads
- Act as Project Manager for specific projects/changes within area of responsibility
- Support and promote all Business Unit safety drives and initiatives.
- Managing Corporate risk, working with site wide Risk Managers to comply with Site wide Risk management
- HNC, or equivalent level, in a Business / Engineering / Technical subject or alternatively relevant experience as determined by the relevant Director