South West England, United Kingdom
£40 - £50 per hour
7 months ago
Senior Software Tester
Existing & Valid SC Security Clearance Essential (Used within the last 12 months)
Contract; 6 months initially
Location; This role will be based at Playmouth Monday-Friday. But during the remainder of the lockdown they will set someone up from home initially. Once the site reopens it will be Plymouth full time.
Rate; £40-50 per hour
Techniche are working closely with a Technology and IT organisation based in Plymouth.
We are supporting them with appointing a Senior Software Tester for a long term contract assignment supporting highly regulated government IT projects.
• ISQTB Testing Foundation Certificate
• Experience of SQL – able to perform complex queries
• Experience in the use of ALM systems
• Knowledge and experience of software development life cycle and approaches
• Knowledge and experience of Agile (scrum/Kanban) methodologies and practices
Desirable Experience (Not essential):
• ISQTB Testing Advanced Certificate
• Knowledge of ERP systems
• Knowledge of web applications and web services
• Experience of programming languages (Python, PL/SQL)
• Experience of automation testing and continuous development and integration
• Experience of performance testing with HP LoadRunner
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining test strategies, test plans and test cases.
- You will be confident using industry standard dynamic test techniques to ensure maximum test coverage.
- You should be confident highlighting issues, providing estimates and delivering progress reports to project managers and your team leader.
- You will work with the team leader to follow the established quality process and assist in maintaining the automation framework whilst creating automated tests.
- You will be joining an established team responsible for delivering testing services to meet customer requirements and departmental standards.