Romsey, United Kingdom
£50,000 - £58,000 (+ 30 days holiday. flexible working, half day Friday)
11 days ago
Senior Systems Engineer
Romsey, Southampton, Hampshire
£50,000 - £58,000
Flexible working (core hours 10-3) & half day Friday.
30 days holiday with additional allowance over years of service.
Techniche are working with an advanced Battery R&D & manufacturing organsiaiton on the outskirts of Southampton. We are supporting them with appointing a Senior Systems Engineer to work on the design of advanced battery management systems.
The company is a specialist niche lithium-ion battery development, integration and manufacturing company that produces battery systems for exciting applications such as motorsport, subsea, automotive and industrial.
They are one of very few companies in Europe that design and manufacture high voltage batteries making demand for our services very high. We offer a complete battery solution including battery enclosure design, electronics development, embedded software development, manufacturing and testing and all to our coveted ISO9001:2015 certified integrated management system.
Battery experience is not required or essential. A strong Electronics Engineer who has an interest in learning about Battery Technology will be ideal.
- A degree qualification in electronics, software or system engineering (or a similar relevant engineering discipline).
- Confidence to act as a project technical lead from concept through to production hand-over.
- Ability to elicit product requirements from customers / internal stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and document a full system architecture that meets product requirements.
- Ability to perform industry design standards analyses and define design requirements based on these constraints.
- Highly capable in creating design verification plans and running verification testing.
- Proven record of both hardware and software (C, C++) design.
- Sound knowledge of analogue and digital signal processing / filtering implementations.
- Strong experience of wired communications systems such as CAN bus and RS-485.
- Strong understanding of low-power electronic system design.
- Ability to perform full-system and sub-system reliability analyses (e.g. FMEAs)
- Ability to debug systems and take full responsibility and an active part in fixing problems.
- Expertise in hardware-software and full system integration.
- Respect for design specifications and a willingness to create, follow and maintain them.
- Ability to perform product compliance / product validation tasks.
- Ability to lead customer FAT / SAT, and compliance testing both locally and at remote sites.
- Confidence to work through problems with customers and suppliers, both in-person and remotely.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in an ISO9001 environment.
The role will involve acting as the technical project lead to create advanced battery systems and sub-systems that integrate perfectly with customer or OEM equipment. This will involve eliciting system requirements and defining system architecture that satisfies them.
As an active member of the development team, this hands-on role will also involve specification of design requirements, implementation of system design elements and support of the hardware/software engineers to produce final outputs that are fully verified and validated.
The successful candidate will work with highly skilled likeminded people who are proactive and passionate about what they do in a company that is guided by core values, including: environmental, social, ethical and moral responsibility and integrity. As a result, we do not engage with products that cause deliberate harm to people or the environment.
As part of this company, the candidate will not simply be a number. They will be involved in decision making, customer interactions and helping to create exciting products in one of the world’s fastest growing industries. It is the perfect role for a well-experienced, self-motivated engineer who is comfortable with being the person others turn to for help in solving complex systems engineering problems.