Braintree, United Kingdom
£35,000 - £45,000 (+ Company Car, Bonus & Company Benefits)
10 months ago
Service Centre Manager
Location: Braintree, Essex
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + Company Car, Bonus & Company Benefits
Summary of the role:
Techniche are working closely with a leading UK Medical Equipment provider to appoint a new Service Centre Manager at a regional depot in Braintree, Essex.
The organization has recently established this new regional depot which will be supporting operations across a large geographical region with NHS, Hospital, Care home, Nursing home and private home customers.
The centre primarily supports the distribution, return and processing of rental healthcare equipment to customers. Operations include:
- The logistics of deliveries & collections
- Coordination of field technicians
- Country wide logistics and cooperation with other regional depots across the UK
- Managing supervisors and operatives for the process of cleaning and decontamination of products upon return
- Infection control
- Stock KPI’s, customer fulfillment
- Repairs, spares and testing of equipment
- Personnel management
- Asset management including depot equipment, laundry equipment, vehicles, machinery etc.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in a proven Distribution, Warehouse Management or Rental Logistics role.
- Any additional experience in Rental Operations, Healthcare, Medical Equipment or Hire Services/Products would be an advantage.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to ‘think outside the box’.
- Analytical and the ability to manage KPI reporting requirements.
- Completion of objectives to set timescales.
- A full UK driving license with a max of 3 x penalty points.
- DBS check is required for this position
Job Purpose & Main Duties:
To manage and co-ordinate all operational and management aspects of a Regional Service Centre to deliver service against relevant KPI’s operating within the agreed budgetary parameters.
- To manage the Regional Service Centre and personnel operating out of the centre to ensure the team operates effectively, efficiently and safely whilst achieving the agreed KPI’s.
- Building a strong team, including active coaching and mentoring, effective communication and motivation, as well as responsibility for recruitment, selection and retention of suitable employees, discipline and grievance, performance management, appraisals and reviews, identification of training requirements and any learning and development needs.
- Responsible for the efficient running of the Service Centre, ensuring efficient workflow maintained at all times.
- Responsible for monitoring and optimising the utilisation of spares & rental stocks ensuring adequate levels maintained at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining Company Infection Prevention Policy adherence within the Service Centre, remote sites and vans.
- Staff retention to be key focus, 80% over rolling 12-month period.
- To ensure that good relationships are maintained with all customers and other contacts and that an effective rental, service and decontamination function is provided to customers, ensuring that any problems occurring are resolved promptly in the interests of the Company.
- Devise, implement & control delivery/collection services for new, and or third-party products introduced by the Company in partnership with Customer Services
- Efficiently manage personnel for deliveries, collections, trials and servicing of equipment, for both existing and new customers ensuring an efficient service is maintained at all times.
- Ensure all agreed contracted SLAs are met communicating and addressing any potential issues arising promptly.
- To devise effective KPI measures for all areas of responsibility, reporting regularly to direct line manager.
- To monitor current methods for cleaning and decontamination, keeping abreast of market developments and advisory/regulatory advancements, recommending developments so as to reduce costs, optimise profitability and keep the organisaiton at the forefront of innovation.
- Assist in increasing revenue through the promotion of rental, decontamination and service packages to current and new customers, working with regional Sales Account Managers to retain and develop new business.
- To attend customer review meetings as necessary.
- To monitor and manage the regional On-Call Rota in partnership with Customer Services
- To ensure the Service Centre is kept in excellent condition and to ensure the safety/security of building, all plant & equipment serviced & maintained with suitable site files held on-site