Southampton, United Kingdom
£27,000 - £30,000
over 1 year ago
Techniche are supporting a leading Medical Equipment manufacturer in appointing a regional Field Base Service Engineer within Hampshire, Surrey or Sussex.
This role can consider candidates based in either Hampshire, Surrey or Sussex. A company van will be provided and the role will be home/field based, managing your own diary to visit sites/customers.
The role will be to provide support with the implementation of equipment into new and existing contracts for rental and service customers, along with providing service support.
- Experience of maintaining and repairing a range of medical products within a medical/hospital/care environment.
- Full driving licence required, with a good geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with customers and service users at all levels, including non-technical personnel.
- Excellent planning, co-ordination and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and prioritise workload, possessing a caring attitude.
- Comfortable with UK-wide travel and staying away when required.
- DBS check required.
- Providing a support service to new customers: implementation, delivery and initial contract set-up within agreed parameters/timescales, and providing detailed information/guidance for the smooth running of new/updated contracts.
- Acting as a liaison between customers, Account Managers and Customer Services, providing guidance and support with any contract transitions.
- Supporting the UK Sales and Technical Support teams with on-site training and customer training for product support and repair/maintenance duties where necessary.
- To devise and compile Work Instructions for all respective processes associated with any new/updated contract, including delivery/collection activities, routine maintenance and repair procedures, communication requirements and Infection Control policies.
- Conducting full handovers to assigned personnel working within the contract once contract is deemed fully operational.
- Attending local site or company meetings, as necessary, prior, during and post contract award to offer advice and guidance on implementation and operational matters.
- Undertaking equipment audits where necessary.
- Providing support for stocks of spare parts to ensure timely and cost-effective repair service and maintenance of products, to agreed standards.
- Providing cover and back-up support for UK service activity, including on-call/out of hours, covering annual leave, sickness and busy periods.
- Ensuring that all Company policies and procedures are adhered to, and that the Company vehicle is cleaned and maintained in excellent condition.
- Completing and timely submitting all jobs on the handheld device, to ensure all relevant reports and invoicing can be completed.