Plymouth, United Kingdom
£40-45 per hour
3 months ago
Duration: 12 months +
Rate: £40-45 per hour
Techniche are working with a leading Technology Engineering organisation who specialize in Defence sector projects.
About the Role
We're seeking an experienced Construction Manager / Site Coordinator to work on assignment in Plymouth. This is a large defence infrastructure project.
Temporary Works Co-ordinator responsible for ensuring the management and control of Client and Contractor temporary works are compliant with the Temporary Works Procedure, which includes the requirement for all temporary works designs to be prepared checked and implemented in accordance with the relevant standards, drawings and specifications. In addition, to ensure that all temporary works interfaces are identified, communicated, co-ordinated and all appropriate stakeholders are consulted.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordination of all temporary works associated with the enabling works including the interfaces between contractors temporary works
- Establish and maintain the overarching Project Temporary Works Register supported by contractors temporary works registers where appropriate
- Key contact for all temporary works issues on the project including liaison with temporary and permanent works designers, contractor TWC’s, members of the project team and all stakeholders e.g. Technical Authority, Principal Designer, etc
- Implementation of the Temporary Works Procedure ensuring that all temporary works, including that of contractors, complies
- Maintain the filing of temporary works records as appropriate
- Ensure all the relevant procedures, inspections and checks are carried out
- Carry out inspections of installed temporary works and issue or countersign Permit to Load prior to use and Permit to Dismantle upon completion
- Review all temporary works designs for acceptance with support from members of the project team and Designated Individual
- Participate in the look ahead meetings with the project team to identify upcoming temporary works and discuss/resolve issues with respect to temporary works
- Ensure that loadings from temporary works which may affect the permanent works are accepted by the permanent works designers.
- Ensure that risk assessments, method statements and permits are approved and communicated to other members of the site team
- Ensure that detailed Trade Contractor procedures for the control of temporary works are produced and implemented through their own TWC.
- Identification, assessment and appointment of Temporary Works Supervisors where required
- Previous experience as a Site Coordinator, Construction Manager or Temporary Works Co-ordinator
- Civil Engineering Construction projects,
- Large scale/complex demolition projects