Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
£70,000 - £75,000
over 1 year ago
Techniche are supporting a Global Engineering & Technology company with appointing a new Software Manager within their Engineering Division.
The organisation specialise in Manufacturing and Machinery Software Systems integrating PLC, SCADA, Full Stack PC (C++, HTML) & Embedded Software (Embedded C).
This role will be managing a blend of software skilled engineers:
-2 PLC Software Engineers
-2 Embedded C, Software Engineers
-4 Full Stack PC Software Developers
Projects include the use of different Software Languages to develop software platforms integrating manufacturing shop floor machinery to be controlled, viewed and operated remotely and across plants.
At the lower level platforms connect to automated shop floor systems and machinery using PLC, SCADA automation & control. At the top level the operation of those systems is displayed on HTML portal, smart phone and tablet applications, as well as PC/MAC platforms.
The role of the software Manager will be to help lead the development of these technologies, collaborating with the software team to achieve the desired product specification outline by the business.
Applications primarily include manufacturing production machinery, testing equipment and laboratory equipment used in Tobacco & E-Cigarette production and analysis.
•Directly managing and participating in the day to day operations of the software development team
• Managing or supervising software/firmware elements of projects to ensure delivery on time and budget with a good quality
• Managing all the operational aspects of the software development process and team to ensure business and product objectives are met
• Providing complete software resource management for projects
• Providing administrative, technical and people leadership for projects and the overall department development including technical and architectural policy for the Company products and team members individual development and training
• Coach and guide team to enable future success via performance improvements
• Work with the business to convert requirements to technical requirements and into meaningful project plans and accurately estimate projects completion
• Provide global planning for the software components and core development
• Manage or supervise projects to ensure delivery on time and budget with a good quality
• Developing the software team professionally
• Defining and creating “best practice” for software development
• Advise the TD on aspects concerning software implementation, capabilities and strategy
• Maintaining processes concerned with software release, change and test
• Participating in the senior management of the Development department including implementing strategy
• Planning, together with the project managers, the deployment of the software personnel effectively on projects ensuring that any changes to plans
are communicated effectively and resolved promptly
• Monitoring technological developments in software that may have a potential positive benefit, providing concise written reports on the opportunities this presents
• Relating new customer requirements for software to a technically feasible and commercially viable product or change