Bristol, United Kingdom
about 2 months ago
Working on a reputable marine vessel design and build programme for the MOD, the Structural Designer will be at the forefront of one of the UK's highest profile naval defence projects.
- Working closely with your fellow designers and senior engineers, you will use your CAD experience to develop design solutions for assemblies, components or systems.
- Creation of both Structural and Outfit Production drawings.
- Prepare, produce and maintain project documentation as required by the design lifecycle
- Ensure definition of design solutions and deliverables to required standards, consistent with whole lifecycle from concept through to in service support
- You will require a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to a design discipline including appropriate CAD skills, written and verbal communications skills, and an understanding of Risk Management
- Experience working on UK naval marine shipbuilding projects is preferred but this is not essential.
The role will require MOD security clearance - those with current clearance will be preferred but it is not essential.