Portmsouth, United Kingdom
£35,000 - £45,000
7 months ago
My client is one of the largest independent Surveying/Architectural Practices in the Portsmouth area and we are seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to join their growing team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a well-established firm of Chartered Surveyors, Architects and Engineers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop scheme designs as required by the Directors, Principal and Senior engineers, using appropriate software
- Assist in the delivery of projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Work with CAD Technicians to produce relevant structural information.
- Undertake structural engineering analysis and design under the supervision of senior engineers.
- Attendance at project and design meetings and site visits.
- Undertake condition surveys and write reports.
- Keep all project related documentation in compliance with the Business Management systems, processes and procedures.
- Communicate project’s critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
- Mentor graduates and technicians.
- Actively engage in CPD to maintain and facilitate personal and career development
- Encouragement for own continuous professional learning
Experience and Skills required:
- Project Delivery experience £5M+
- Experienced calculations for low- mid range project work
- An accredited BEng degree (or equivalent) recognised by an Institute in Civil or Structural engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in structural engineering design and construction.
- Good all-round technical design expertise using British, European and international standards
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, building relationships with clients and other design team members
- SC Clearance will be required so applicants will need to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum of SC level
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent team player with excellent communication skill
- Excellent time management and general organisation skills
- Respect for Company Values: Integrity, Service, Trust, Respect and Responsibility
- Career motivated, keen to learn and really make your mark within a forward-thinking business
- Chartered member of ICE or IStructE will be advantageous
- Very competitive salary
- 20 Days Holidays plus Loyalty Rewards
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Professional Fees Paid
- Free Parking
- CPD and Training
- Company Social Events
- Availability to participate in charity events throughout the year