East Sussex, United Kingdom
£40,000 - £50,000
3 months ago
Techniche Global are working with an OEM manufacturer of engineering systems to appoint a Supply Chain Manager. You will head and lead the company’s purchasing, managing a small team of purchasing and buying administration staff (together with sub-contractors) to deliver large CAPEX systems according to agreed delivery and completion date time schedules.
You will be an experienced, mechanically biased Procurement Manager who can manage the company’s purchase of engineered components, materials and services supporting the design, manufacture, and installation of large capital projects in metal processing equipment.
- The successful applicant would ideally have a degree or HND with a Mechanical Engineering based subject with a minimum of ten years proven industrial / scientific equipment process equipment experience.
- Experience in metal melting process, vacuum or oil and gas systems would be advantageous.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be part of the Company Senior Management team and will:
- Have 10+ years proven engineering purchasing management experience ideally within large systems design, manufacturing, and subcontract environment.
- Have the ability to read and understand complex technical drawings and specifications.
- Work closely with Design Engineering and Production Managers to coordinate and plan requirements according to project / contract deadlines.
- Investigate, develop, and negotiate with future new potential suppliers according to requirements.
- Apply significant manufacturing industrial technical knowledge within the areas of high-pressure gas, water cooling, induction heating, and vacuum engineering disciplines.
- Will confer concisely with Directors and other senior management members on project and purchasing status according to defined objectives.
- To lead by example and develop a coordinated approach to the areas of buying, scheduling, and cost management.
- Have a clear concise understanding and application of cost / design management process tools.
- Working for a rapidly growing privately owned company with much innovative scientific content with a professional team of engineers.
- Company under the same ownership since its inception 33+ years ago.
- Exciting, rapidly developing engineering process equipment industry
- Enhanced competitive salary according to experience – IRO - £40-£50K pa + benefits.
- Pleasant, modern working environment and lifestyle located in the South East with proximity to the south coast, countryside, and transport links to London.
- Company Pension, Private health insurance enrolment (after probationary period)
- Annual Productivity / results-based bonus scheme
- Holidays 25 days + Bank holidays
- Future opportunities to progress rapidly within the company to Director level.
- Opportunities to travel overseas (fully expensed)