Devonport, United Kingdom
£35 - 45/hour
6 months ago
This is achieved through the execution and collation of system level assessments that inform technical notes and Case Reports as a formal record of the level of compliance of individual systems with the supportability requirements.
The Dreadnought Supportability Engineer reports directly to the Dreadnought Senior Supportability Engineer and is responsible for a number of specified systems as the single focal point for all WBSI interaction.
The responsibility of the Supportability Engineer is to assess and influence the system level design such that it meets the performance required of the Major System and ultimately enable the Whole Boat to meet its CASD and TLC targets as specified in the Support Maturity Management Plan.
The Supportability Engineer is accountable to:
• The WBSI Supportability Manager for:
• Technical quality of the engineering deliverables demonstrating compliance with the required technical assurance and governance processes as specified in the WBSI Engineering Management Plan.
• The Senior Functional Analyst for:
• Adherence to the schedule of work that satisfies the BAES system level review process and the WBSI Support Maturity Management Plan for allocated systems;
• Assessing and influencing the design of named systems by creating a Supportability Bill of Materials which is processed by a toolset to generate products documented within SDD technical notes and ultimately PBS Level 2 case reports;
• Recording risks or issues that may prevent a system from meeting its supportability requirements, including but not limited to:
1. Shore Regime Safety Functional Requirements
• Ensuring that applicable Learning from Experience has been adequately embodied or addressed within the design.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
The Dreadnought Supportability Engineer’s principal tasks and responsibilities are:
Performing Through Life Support (TLS) activities for nominated systems to meet their Design Review criteria and ultimately the programme;
Perform appropriate analysis and collation of data to support the production of Supportability Bill of Materials, Candidate Item Selection, Basic data sheets and support production of Supportability Baseline Documents for selected systems;
Adherence to the System Design Description Product Description;
To engage with other subject matter experts in the field of supportability, cost engineering or supply chain as necessary (indirect) to deliver an appropriate quality of assessment and report on the system;
Support the Senior Functional Analyst to deliver technical data that provides the supportability input into the Supportability Baseline Documents in accordance with the system level review schedule for Wave 4.
Support the Senior Functional Analyst to deliver PBS level 2 case reports that record the compliance of the design with the supportability requirements in accordance with the WBSI schedule for major milestone delivery;
Document, escalate and progress to closure issues, risks and opportunities using the appropriate management tool;
Ensuring coherence with and adherence to the engineering strategies, policies and plans for the nominated Major Areas and associated systems and ensuring a seamless integration with the Whole Boat Support Solution;
Articulation of maturity and quality of collected data and associated impact on the uncertainty contained in outputs.