£40 p/hr UMB
16 days ago
Role: Systems Engineer
Rate: Up to £40 p/hr UMB
Location: Can be based from Rosyth, Bristol or Plymouth
Duration: 12 months +
Techniche Global are recruiting for a leading engineering defence contractor to appoint a Systems Engineer.
Working in the Energy & Marine (E&M) business unit within the Marine Division - E&M Engineering is a leading design consultancy providing naval architecture, marine, system engineering, electrical engineering design and project support services to the marine and defence markets worldwide. They have vast experience in engineering, construction, concept design and through life support for a wide range of front line naval and auxiliary support vessels.
You will join the Type 31 Team based from Rosyth, Bristol or Plymouth, to specialise particularly within “Systems Engineering” otherwise known as their Requirements and Acceptance (R&A) Team.
System Engineering is a transdisciplinary and integrative approach to enable the successful realisation of a system. You will play an integral role within the programme by supporting the overall engineering lifecycle from design, all the way through build, commissioning and the acceptance phases of the Type 31 programme.
· Develop and maintain the requirements database, development of the Supplier requirements and their traceability to the customer Build Specification.
· You will work closely with Supply Chain and the Engineering teams to assess supplier compliance and verification against their requirements. You will assess any supplier non-conformances and their impact on the overall compliance with the customer Build Specification.
· You will carry out routine analysis and interrogation of the requirements in the requirements database to determine the maturity of Supplier requirements and demonstrable compliance.
· You will support the acceptance activities in building up the evidence set to support vessel acceptance against the Build Specification.
· You will support the development and continuous improvement of the R&A team processes and ways of working.
This will be a fantastic opportunity to work in a flexible environment supporting a high profile project. As well as working for the UK’s leading naval support business, we will also provide you with all the training, support and benefits that you would expect from a global company.
What do I need to do the role?
· Ideally, you will hold a Degree in Engineering but HNC/HND or above will be considered with relevant experience.
· You will have systems engineering experience with exposure to requirements and acceptance.
· You will have an analytical approach and a desire for complex problem solving.
· You will have in depth experience of using the DOORS requirements management tool, and excellent Excel skills.