Keynsham , United Kingdom
7 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Assistant to work within the Combat Systems Engineering Team (CSET), whose primary role is to support the engineering development and deployment of projects focussed on the sustainment of, and advances to, Submarine Combat Systems.
You will be based in Keynsham, with potential to conduct business trips to the MoD Combat Systems Delivery Team in Abbey Wood and Naval Bases South and North.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• To be the lead for the production and maintenance of the Combat Systems Programme Management Plans (CSPMP).
• To provide administrative support to the CSET.
• To support the Combat Systems Equipment Support Manager and the Senior Combat Systems Engineering Manager and undertake tasks as directed.
• To perform secretarial duties on various technical committees or ad hoc meetings.
• To support other CSET work areas on an as-required basis.
• To maintain appropriate documentation and records in assigned areas of work including project files and the designated management information system.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
Essential: Knowledge of MS Office applications.
Essential: Good communication and presentation skills and a proven ability to produce technical reports of a high professional standard.
Essential: Sufficient competence to be able to manage low-level Project Management tasks, as directed.
Desirable: Experience of MoD working practices and Submarine Combat Systems.
Desirable: Knowledge of HTML coding – to amend/maintain/generate functionality of other CSET outputs.
This is an initial 6 month contract available, with an additional 6 months upon performance review.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, APPLY NOW!