Shoeburyness , United Kingdom
29 days ago
Techniche Global is supporting a Leading UK Defence Organisation who are looking to appoint an Test Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team of multi-disciplinary technicians and engineers delivering critical test & evaluation of defence munitions through the application of vibration, shock, climatic & radiography test programs.
As part of this team you will develop the necessary skills to simulate some of the most challenging environments in the world to ensure that the systems are ultimately safe and suitable for service at the Environmental Test Centre (ETC) in Shoeburyness.
The facility is accredited by UKAS against BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and consequently seeks to maintain and improve its technical competences. The company maintains accreditation against ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 and 50001. ETC is a growing area of the business and a world class test facility so presents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
- Define and lead set-ups and conduct environmental test programs in accordance with the customer specifications & working procedures ensuring a compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities;
- Demonstrate understanding for the safe and correct way to stimulate test assets with vibration, shock, climatic and temperature profiles as well as the inspection and radiography of the equipment throughout the test regime;
- Documentation reviews, data processing and reporting as required in line with customer specifications and company standards;
- Liaise with the planning office and other supporting functions demonstrating ownership to ensure delivery of test programs against contracted milestones;
- To undertake tests including the direction of others, associated with conducting environmental testing of test assets, and all supporting activities;
- Take responsibilities for adherence to and reviews of working procedures for you and trials team, ensuring compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities;
- Provide supervision and direction of assigned technicians as required during day to day activities;
- Undertake further theoretical education and courses as required to develop your knowledge and experience.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Working knowledge of the Defence Standard, specifically 00-035;
- An awareness of Quality Assurance, external standards, and internal auditing;
- Proficient in one or more areas of Environmental Testing;
- Detailed knowledge and experience of environmental engineering;
- Knowledge of environmental engineering within the defence industry (Desirable)
- Experience of handling hazardous materials (Desirable)
- HNC/HND or Degree qualification in a relevant engineering or science subject;
- IT competence;
- Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle full time;
- Must hold or be eligible to attain UK SC Clearance.