Southampton, United Kingdom
£30,000 - £40,000
8 months ago
Injection Mould Toolmaker
Techniche are supporting a Engineering and Technology R&D client with appointing an experienced Toolmaker.
The company specialise in manufacturing Medical Equipment from their large manufacturing facility just outside of Southampton.
This role will be within their R&D department and position in a state of the art tool room and tooling engineering facility.
- Manufacture, modification and repair of injection mould tools, jigs and fixtures etc.
- Interpretation of R&D engineering drawings and 3D CAD models for mould tool making and other ad-hoc applications.
- Support to the Mould Shop and Production Departments.
- Injection mould tool making, with experience of 3-Axis, and preferably, 5-Axis CAD/CAM milling and EDM and WEDM software.
- Fully conversant with the use of manual machines (turning, milling, grinding etc.)
- Programming and machining using a CNC mill, and the use of wire and die sink CNC spark erosion machines.
- Working to precise tolerances
- Time served preferred.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative, and as part of a small team to meet deadlines.
- Good communication and organisational skills.