about 1 year ago
My client is a well-established specialist manufacturer of Wooden products and we are seeking to appoint a Veneer Preparer to join their team in Essex.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization with over 100-year history in a position as a Veneer Preparer who will be responsible for preparing veneer to line up ensuring that it matches with the architect’s schemes in preparation for pressing operations.
Main Duties & responsibilities:
- Ability to reading Architectural Drawings before cutting out veneer
- Selection and Marking up Veneer layers
- Cutting of Veneers with a high degree of accuracy
- Joining veneer leaves together
- Creating intricate patterns and designs that can run through multiple panels
Skills & Experience Required;
· Must be able to read Architectural Drawings and have some experience in Veneer Preparation
· Worked in a door and / or panelling business as veneer preparer
· Able to demonstrate considerable skill with matching architectural schemes.
· Must have a marquetry background
· Worked in high end manufacturing business.
· Professional Parquetry qualification / apprenticeship
Position: Veneer Preparer
Duration: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Braintree, Essex
Salary: On application
Start: ASAP – notice dependant