Romsey, United Kingdom
£20,000 - £23,000
almost 2 years ago
Techniche are working with a UK wide distributor or Medical Equipment based just outside of Southampton.
The organisation is seeking to appoint a new Depot / Service Centre Supervisor to assist in the smooth running of a regional Depot / Service Centre.
The Depot / Service centre consists of delivery personnel, rental stock operatives and warehouse staff. The role will be overseeing small teams of personnel that are responsible for the turnaround of rental stock ready for their distribution. This can include service, packaging, testing, repairing etc.
This role will be predominantly based at the Service Centre just outside of Southampton & Romsey. Occasional travel in the south coast region maybe required during busy periods.
- Experience of a minimum 2-years in a warehouse/factory/distribution supervisory role.
- Able to be flexible with working hours (8 hour day between the hours of (phone number removed)hrs)
- Able to work some occasional Saturdays (paid overtime) if business levels require.
- Ability to supervise and motivate a team to deliver the necessary objectives.
- Good communication skills to all levels, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to complete objectives to set timescales.
- Full UK Driving license with maximum 3 x penalty points.
- DBS check is required for this position.
- To co-ordinate with the Service Centre Manager/ Regional Operations Manager the daily work schedules to ensure a consistent, smooth and balanced workload through the service centre, communicating frequently with Drivers/Laundry Operatives accordingly.
- To co-ordinate and supervise the service centre staff, including assigning tasks, monitoring performance and work load/activities, ensuring that jobs are completed in order of priority and on time to minimise the need for unnecessary overtime.
- To frequently check, monitor and audit that work is being conducted in accordance with the Company Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions (WI’s) to ensure quality and consistency of finished equipment is maintained at the highest possible levels.
- To provide suitable reports on activity to assist the Service Centre Manager/ Regional Operations Manager to determine the daily throughput and efficiency of the centre.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all assigned contracted, non-contracted and customer owned equipment is processed through the Centre in accordance with contract SLA’s, set guidelines and respective WI’s establishing respective KPI’s to monitor accordingly.
- To provide support to the Service Centre Manager/Regional Operations Manager with arranging covering support and back-up for service centre operations during times of staff absence or particularly busy periods. This may include but not limited to; annual leave, sickness, staff attendance at meetings, training sessions, increase in new business etc. to ensure the completion of all workloads in a timely manner.
- To ensure all staff & visitors to the centre follow the strict Infection Control Policy and procedures when moving through/working within the designated areas within the facility.
- To ensure staff are always equipped and wearing any allocated and issued uniform and PPE equipment.
- To ensure all equipment passing through the centre is clearly labelled and easily identifiable
- To monitor stock levels and set re-order points for spare parts and consumables to ensure continuation of supply whilst keeping levels to an acceptable level.
- To ensure the centre is maintained at all times to highest possible level of hygiene and cleanliness and ensure frequent cleaning and decontamination of the facility is undertaken at the prescribed frequency with detailed records recorded and filed for ease of future retrieval.
- To ensure that all working environments and activities in and around the centre are undertaken/maintained in a safe working manner in accordance with Company Health & Safety and Infection Control policies, procedures and WI’s.
- To communicate frequently with other departments as necessary with information relating to any customer orders or trials, contract evaluations or exhibitions, and deliveries of these items.
- Ensure Drivers are maintaining and decontaminating their vehicles in accordance with Company policies and procedures and records maintained accordingly and ensure vehicles are kept in excellent condition.
- Provide regular feedback to Service Centre Manager/ Regional Operations Manager regarding any problems with equipment, procedures or employees, and make suggestions for improvements and identify any individual or departmental training needs.